Tuesday, June 29, 2010

so long, farewell…

Today was a marathon errand running affair.

First, Kevin and I finished cleaning out CABA’s office. He got the carpet down into the dumpster, while I swept and vacuumed.

0629101345a I have a lot of fond memories of this office. Back in the days when CABA’s Evening Care program was supported by three grants that were run through the Town – when I was the Town’s Grants Manager – Patrick and I spent a lot of time together. Usually, we were plotting the overthrow of the free world and performing quality control tests on all chocolate chip cookies and coffee sold within a three-block radius. But to be fair, we spent a fair bit of time puzzling over various obscure grant agreement provisions and reporting requirements. Patrick made that job fun. (Hi, dude!)

It was also in this room that Kevin and I first started to get to know each other.

0629101346b So we smooched.

We also took a bunch of old computer crap to the dump…gave a 27” TV to a total stranger…took the chainsaw in to be tuned up…got groceries…and finally came home in the late afternoon.

I powered through a three mile run. I wasn’t wearing a watch, but I think I achieved near Mach 1 speeds.

This guy was on hand to greet me when I got home:

0629101756a“There’s nothing like a beetle when you’re feeling depressed”, said the god. (Terry Pratchett “The Last Continent”)

Just how big is this bug? To give you a sense of scale, the strip of window frame that he (she?) is starting to nuzzle, is 3/4” wide. So, at least 1.5 inches long.

No comments:

Post a Comment