Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A failed attempt to get a bunch of new pets

It’s Wednesday…time for the weekly pick-up from our CSA. This is our seventh week – I believe this CSA starts a bit earlier than others I’ve heard of. So far, there are only three customers, but I think that’s because most people have elected to go with a a limited package. Fools that we are, we went whole hog.

akaogi I warned you I was a geek.

I never thought I’d say this, but thank god there wasn’t arugula. I’m still working my way through last week’s. New this week? A handful of snow peas. Kevin was teaching tonight and thus was not home for dinner. I was a Good Wife and didn’t eat the snow peas…

So this is an organic farm, of course. This means that when you see spiders and slugs and snails in your produce, you should be PSYCHED! Because hey, if they were dead from chemicals, are you sure you wanna be eating that?

100_1902 This guy was the biggest.

 

100_1899 Four little guys. There wound up being seven of this kind, mostly in the lettuce. They kept escaping. I finally realized that they would never be the docile and loving pets I was hoping for, and I tossed ‘em in the bucket.

Oh my god, I’m writing a blog about the slugs in our lettuce. WOW. Um. Other news, perhaps?

Well, my mom’s coming for a visit tomorrow. Maybe we’ll do something photogenic and news-worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment