Monday, June 21, 2010

happy birthday, my love, and happy solstice to the rest of youse

100_1926

Me and Mom. It was lovely to see you, Mom!
(Doesn’t she look great?)

100_1931

Me after my (ahem) 11.35 mile run today. Only 1.75 miles to go! Woo-hoo!

So to back up - I got up at 5:45 this morning and ate a banana with a little peanut butter. Then I crawled back into bed for an hour to absorb more soul nutrition from the slumbering Kevin, aka THE BIRTHDAY BOY!!!

And then I headed out on my run, which would have happened yesterday, only I was busy taking Mom to the airport.  The first section of the run, a 4.7 mile loop, was a Royal Pain in the Scalp, as my scalp was apparently the only form of entertainment available to all the flies in Windham County. My theory is, it’s my long ponytail. In essence, I look like a horse’s butt. Yep. This made me Very Cranky. The second part of the run – which started at the mailboxes, where I’d stashed electrolyte water and my tasty orange-flavored electrolyte goodies – went a lot better. It was a gorgeous morning – birdsong, crickets, puffy clouds, gentle breezes, wonderful grassy/flowery smells. 

100_1932 I had a recovery shake of the usual smoothie suspects, plus greens (shinguku – chrysanthemum greens – in this case). It’s going to be a challenge getting all our greens eaten this week, because we totally slacked off while Mom was here. (Meaning, we went out to dinner twice and thus missed some critical Greens Eating opportunities.)

Then I passed out on the couch.

Then Kevin came home from various errands and he passed out. (Do you sense a theme?)

AND THEN HE OPENED HIS BIRTHDAY PRESENTS.

100_1933  He had asked for one of everything, please, so that’s what he got!

This evening, we went to a Simba concert – they’re our favorite local band. Some of their members performed at the Strolling of the Heifers parade. Note to self: don’t dance after an 11+ mile run. Dumb idea.

G’nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment