Sunday, June 27, 2010

a most busy day

We had a busy day scheduled, which for us, means “we had this one particular thing planned” at 11 am. And we’d talked about taking the kayaks out in the afternoon. Thus, feeling virtuous and organized, I got up early to get the run out of the way. I was supposed to do some complicated kind of timed mile, but lacking any interest in verifying that I am, in fact, a slowpoke, I just ran four miles instead.

I met Lewis and Olive, the two black lab puppies in residence at last year’s CSA. They were very polite, and each attempted to swallow my hand, whole.

Then we did our 11 o’clock gig, which involved two friends (you know who you are; aren’t you glad I’m keeping your identity top-secret?), four vehicles, lots of illegal parking in front of a fire hydrant, and many boxes of files.

And then…in the afternoon…

0627101521a

Ahhhh…finally. The Connecticut River, facing north.

 

0627101522a

Sweetpea, aka “Biker Dude”

 

0627101525b

Here we are sneaking up on New Hampshire. We waved. Actually, Kevin’s holding out four fingers. This is because we are turning four soon – as in, our 4th anniversary – and we’ve been proudly going, “WE’RE FOUR!!!” like we’re little kids, randomly, all day long now. What can I say…we’re easily amused.

0627101526a

Moi.

 0627101557a

Ahhhhhh…..

 

0627101645a

We got home and got the boats off the truck, and look who was hanging out in Kevin’s boat…a red eft. The boats were out on the lawn for a while, so maybe he accompanied Kevin the whole trip? Who knows.

0627101647a

Sylvester was happy to see us. He’s pretty cool. He keeps an eye on me and I tell him how cute he is.

0627101811a

OK, this picture probably makes no sense. It’s the side of the pull-out pantry cabinet in our kitchen. The yellow and green vertical lines at left are floor mops that live between the fridge (out of frame to the left), and the cabinet. The splotch in the middle is a SNAIL. It must have escaped the produce box from the CSA last Wednesday and made a break for it. I pried it off and tossed it onto the hostas outside. It looked a little dessicated. Poor guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment