Thursday, June 17, 2010

heavy equipment pictures!

My Sainted Mother is here for a visit. Hi, Mom! Her flight was delayed - “mechanic in the cockpit”: not words you want to hear. They finally loaded everyone up on a different plane and she landed 3.5 hours late. No worries, I found a bookstore in the meantime and got this:

cover Also, some of you might be familiar with another piece of modern technology, which I found very helpful in dealing with the extra time on my hands:

phone Yes, it’s a “cell phone”. I’m still in shock and awe over how much fun it is to have a real phone, with a plan, and everything. (The last time I had a “real” one, as opposed to the drug-dealer pre-paid kind, was…um…2000.)

Anyway, so we finally got home. Mom was here last summer during the construction. The day before she arrived, this is what the stairwell looked like:

101_0002

I remember this because I was eager for her to be able to see the upstairs, and Steve was able to get temporary treads nailed down by the end of that day. Whew!

100_1910

Here she is, mid-tour. It was when we were upstairs that I heard a most welcome sound: Dan, the grader guy.

That’s right, the driveway finally got smoothed out. I abandoned Mom and ran outside with the camera. And now, for the “before” pictures:

100_1907

This is the bottom of our private driveway, where it merges with the part we share with our neighbors.

100_1906

And this is looking back up our hill.

100_1904

Here’s where the shared driveway turns to go over the wooden bridge, to the right in the picture above.

100_1905

Vroom, vroom…

100_1903

Ahhhhhh…so much better.

100_1908

He did our hill, too.

By the time he was through, Kevin had gotten in from work, and I joined them outside for a close-up.

100_1911 

This thing is called a Harley raker.

100_1912

I want one.

No comments:

Post a Comment