Thursday, June 24, 2010

Oh, yeah, my blog.

It was getting dark this evening, and Maggie was out prowling around, refusing to come inside. It’ll be a full moon in a couple of days, so no doubt the excitement is building for our little nocturnal beastie.

Kevin joined me at the melon/cantaloupe patch. Remember how all the cantaloupes flowered the other day? Well, they’ve just exploded in growth. I didn’t have the camera with me, plus it was getting dark –so I’ll post a picture tomorrow. No cat. We went back in.

I went out again, later, with the flashlight. “Maggie, Maggie, Maggie…”. And then I heard Kevin calling me from inside the house. Beastie was on the club chair in the front room, where she’d been for a couple of hours, quietly minding her own business.

Oh.

100_1956

We are the proud caretakers of these ginormous cucumbers from the CSA. To give you an indication of what we’re dealing with, the one on the far left is 14 inches long. We each need to eat a half cucumber a day to get through these. Discipline, troops, discipline. It can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment