Friday, November 20, 2009

what a difference a day makes.

We were able to sleep in this morning until about 8:30, when the welcome sound of a pickup rousted us from our lingering dreams. The plumber! Hip hip, hooray!

He began unloading his truck.

This inspired us to continue the process of moving into the office. First up: figure out the modem/router/Vonage snarl of cables. Here's the Before picture.
Believe it or not, this version of Medusa's bad hair day is actually new and improved over what it had been a couple of months ago. While I worked on this, Kevin assembled my desk, and the plumber got busy with that toilet.

And here's the moment we've all been waiting for:
Woo-hoo! As you can see, we still need to get the handles onto the vanity drawers. That faucet, by the way, is actually a kitchen faucet, the better to accommodate Kevin's Man Hands.

I was out running errands this afternoon, and while I was gone, Kevin and the plumber moved the mattress upstairs.
Out with the old...

...and in with the new.


Here's the result of my handiwork today. I determined that the cable jack behind my desk isn't actually functional yet, so the cable into the modem (not pictured above - that's the wireless router on the left, and the Vonage thingey on the right) snakes around the corner on the floor into the sun space.

Here's my set up.


And here's Kevin's.
Sorry about how dark the picture is...it's night and all. I'll try again in the morning.

Sweet Dreams, Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment