Thursday, August 6, 2009

Stairway to Heaven

Sorry about the title of this post - I just couldn't help myself.

Steve started building the stairway today. He came inside with a couple of questions, and I'm glad he did, because he hadn't heard that we want the treads made of Anything-But-Oak, which is what he had assumed we wanted. We're aiming for maple. Note the generous space between the wall studs and the stair skirt: this will be The Wall o' Books.


I'm standing in the little hallway outside the bedroom, looking down at the future landing.


All in one day - we have the framing of the bathroom and closet walls. The closet, which is over on the left, is particularly sweet. It widens out as you approach that square window, taking up some space over the landing at the bottom of the stairs. I think we'll be able to put a dresser back in there.

In fact, here is the view from deep inside the closet, looking out over the stairwell. Now that it's FRAMED, I think, wouldn't be cool to have a little window here, but I just have to restrain myself.

Also on today's agenda, the windows got wrapped in protective something-or-other.

And, to sum it all up, here's the office as seen from the landing.

No comments:

Post a Comment