Thursday, May 27, 2010

screened in porch installation, part 2

At about 10:40 pm last night, an unbelievably wicked thunderstorm swept through our area. Hail. Wind. Lightning. We lost power and cable, meaning we also lost internet and phone. The power came back over night, but cable took its sweet time. We were lucky: friends in Greenfield (MA) reported trees down on houses all around their neighborhood, and local news websites abound with pictures of downed trees, live wires, lions sleeping with lambs, and other signs of the apocalypse.

At about 1 in the morning, after the lightning had abated, we snuck a peek at the newly-erected outdoor porch…it was lying in a mangled heap. Ooops. We hoisted it more-or-less upright. Pity I don’t have pictures, as Kevin was wearing his birthday suit at the time.

Morning dawned all innocent and sunny, and Kevin got busy with straightening the fabric roof. 100_1723

I went into town to have lunch with a friend. I encountered a very Distinguished Person I used to work with, who told me in Strictest Confidence that as of this morning, he still had no power – and thus no water (because like us, he’s on well water.) And that he had consequently washed his hair with…lemon-lime spritzer. I pointed to the 20 gallons of water in my shopping cart and suggested he stock up!

While I was thus employed, Kevin was putting the mesh walls up. I got home, and we commenced to admiring the day.

100_1724 

We moved a coffee table out.

100_1725

And enjoyed the views.

100_1726 

 

100_1729

Hi Kevin!

No comments:

Post a Comment