Saturday, May 22, 2010

confessions of a poker widow

As implied by the title above, I was left to my own devices last night.

100_1700Is this too much garlic for one person?

We ran some important errands today. When we got home, we found both cats staring intently at the “who’s your daddy now” rock – a boulder that used to live in the middle of the parking area, that was moved during construction. I knew they were up to no good. By the time I got the camera, Charlie had already come over to greet me – he’s like that.

100_1702

That left Maggie. I knew the score: a chipmunk has found refuge under the boulder. 

100_1703

Looking up slightly from Maggie’s perch, we see the barren yard, still adrift in sawdust and gravel. Oh, lord, I’m going to have to landscape this. Ugh. My brain hurts. Well, there’s nothing a bunch of daylillies can’t fix.

So, back to the issue at hand: our errands today.

Spirit210_largeWe bought this grill – a Weber E-210, on sale, no less. 

 100_1705 Kevin – see Kevin? No-Crutch Kevin? – backed the truck up to the stairs of the deck, and somehow, while I went off to put shoes on to help, flipped that puppy out, onto the stairs, and end-over-end onto the deck, all by his lonesome, and all without having to actually lift it. Brilliant! And a far cry from the daunting moving-the-treadmill experience.

Tomorrow’s plan: a nine mile run, and the purchase of deck furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment