Sunday, May 9, 2010

leaves of three

In the course of looking up various flowers for that massive post the other night, I noticed the three-leaves of Jack-in-the-pulpit and resolved to keep an eye out for them, because I seem to remember having noticed three-leaved plants here and there. Victory! I saw some today on my run – both out and about, and along the driveway, at the foot of the mystery woodland. Here is somebody else’s picture, from online:

Jack in the Pulpit Side View resized

Cool, huh? Later on it will have bright red berries.

We lost power yesterday afternoon and by the time evening rolled around, we decided to head out for dinner. That’s one of the bummers of living on well-water: no electricity = no pump. Yeah, we have some water stored in the basement, but not really enough for a sizeable emergency. And besides, we were in the mood to go out and see “Iron Man 2”. By the time we got back, power had been restored, which I celebrated by watching “The Sixth Sense” live-streamed on my laptop.

For some reason, I had trouble falling asleep. (“The Sixth Sense” is about a kid who sees dead people. Go figure.)

Today was mostly about The Week’s Long Run. 8.5 miles. 46 degrees out – not a bad temperature for a run, actually. The highlight? The jack-in-the-pulpit. I’m tired. My running shoes may be at the end of their bouncy bounce life – it may be time to break out their replacements.

Time to make dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment