Friday, May 28, 2010

miscellany.

100_1732

Irises just starting to bloom in the driveway.

100_1735

Kevin’s moved the new furniture into the screened porch.

100_1733

I installed a hummingbird feeder, since we’ve both heard and seen one buzzing around.

 100_1736

We’ll be able to see them from the dining room table, the screened porch, the couch, and our respective desks. So, a good location. For us, anyway. Maybe we’ll get some visits tomorrow.

In other news, I believe myself to be preparing for becoming a Reiki Master (which is happening in September) in an unexpected way: I’m having strong effect on various objects in my world that rely on measurement, calibration, magnetism, or all three.

First, it was the spedometer in the trusty Honda. It’s been fluttering wildly, ever since…the day I signed up for the class. At first I thought, well, the car’s practically vintage – 1993 – and apparently that happens after a while. I didn’t think much of it – I mean, the A/C’s crapped out, the LCD panel on the radio hasn’t worked since I got the car seven years ago, occasionally the dash lights flicker…whaddaya want, it’s old.

But then, the bathroom scales started acting up. We have a dial scale in the upstairs bathroom that I think has started to lie to me lately, telling me what I want to hear. So I brought one up from the basement that’s digital, and put it in the first floor bathroom. At first, the digital read four pounds heavier than the dial scale upstairs, for both me and Kevin. But now, a couple of days later, it reads 1.5 pounds heavier for me…and seven pounds heavier for Kevin.

OK…

And then a battery operated clock in the living room stopped the other morning --- still ticking, just no movement….I reset the time, and it started up fine…And then, just this evening, the Bose Wave Radio by the kitchen sink stopped and restarted, inexplicably, when nothing else in the house lost power…

Yes, I am attributing this all to my personal biomagnetic field. I’m sure there’s another reason. But that’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment