Monday, August 27, 2012

in which I sneak up on things

Remember the flower that vanished yesterday, and how I was going to do a drive-by this morning and sneak up on it? It worked. Purple flowers up the wazoo.
DSC_0105 (9)
This plant was nearly as tall as I am. Crappy, overexposed shot – let’s show you the color a little better:
DSC_0079 (10)
DSC_0093 (9)

DSC_0097 (8)
It’s keying out as a type of aster, much to my surprise. I don’t know why I’m so surprised – purple things with lots of petals are frequently asters – there are so many types of asters, in fact, that my New England Flora instructor in grad school didn’t bother ensuring we could identify any particular species.

[Correction! My Devoted Blog Fans have kindly pointed out to me that this is chicory (Cichorium intybus). Thanks, Devoted Blog Fans!]

Did Reiki at the hospital for the first time in a month today. WHEW.

No comments:

Post a Comment