Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I Got the Feedburner Blues

I feel STUPID today. I am trying to do something ever-so-simple: allow my soul sister Michele to receive an email every time I create a new post. Now, EVENTUALLY, I figured out how to do this, which we can all confirm by scrolling down, on the right…all the way down…past the blogroll…past this blog’s archive…to the shiny new widget:

tadah

But just reading up on how All This Works – RSS vs Atom vs Dear Lord, I feel like an old person. And to think, I used to be the person to whom others turned when they were trying to figure out how to do something on their computers. If you’ve ever had the (ahem) great privilege of watching me manhandling a spreadsheet – O, My Speedy Fingers, Lo, My Use of Keyboard Shortcuts…sigh. I used to be a Lotus Notes Application Developer! Oh crap, only about five of you out there will have any idea what I’m talking about. I’ll shut up now.

By the way, in the course of dealing with my Feedburner…feed? burn? insert random noun or verb here – I may have broken all the magic links for any of you readers who access this baby via Yahoo!. My apologies! Of course, if the links did indeed get severed, you won’t realize it, will you. And you Google Reader folks? Lord help me, I have no idea. I”ll call Emily and see I still show up in her Reader. “Call”? How old school. Maybe I’ll text her. Naw, we don’t have a data plan, it’s not worth 20 cents. Besides which, we barely get cell reception here in our little corner of Vermont. I could email her. Yeah, that’s what I’ll do.

Is this post self-referential, or what? Go to bed, Sarah.

Well, at least I know how to make a kickass smoothie.

P1010502

That’s right, that’s GREEN. Ingredients:

  • blackberries from our yard
  • blueberries I picked myself
  • an organic banana
  • spinach/chard hybrid from Greenough’s garden
  • chard from ditto – not to be confused with Greenough’s sister, Ditto*
  • wheat germ, purchased in bulk from the coop
  • Chobani nonfat Greek yogurt
  • pond scum aka “stone poop” aka spirulina**
  • OJ

Mmmm, good…

In other news.

Was there other news? Oh, did I tell you I ran ten miles yesterday? Actually, only 9.75 miles. Just for the fun of it. Yay, me!

 

Footnotes, citations, blah blah blah.

*I’m not kidding. Greenough’s got a sister named Ditto. You don’t even want to know what her other sister’s name is.

**Don’t believe me? Check out Wikipedia. The Aztecs harvested spirulina from Lake Texcoco. They called it Tecuitlatl, which means…stone excrement.

No comments:

Post a Comment