Monday, August 9, 2010

How many fingers am I holding up?

The fun continues with the new camera.  Today’s lesson: the “aperture-priority” setting.

I took a bunch of test pictures, and immediately learned what to do better next time so that I can actually compare the results. So I won’t subject you to a bunch of randomness.

However, there will be a quiz:

P1010088

How many watermelons/cantaloupes do you see?

When I took the picture, I saw four, but when I looked at it on the computer…stay tuned to the end of this post for the answer key.

(On a technical note, that picture was not cropped to that shape – I took it using the 16:9 aspect ratio setting. Waaaghhh!)

Half Marathon Prep

Today’s half marathon prep consisted of…um…precisely nothing. Except I DID lift weights. I hate lifting weights. There’s something about it that just plain pisses me off. Which is weird, because I don’t feel that way about running hard, or biking hard... It might have something to do with just how out of shape I am. (How can someone about to run a half marathon be out of shape? Easy. Running is running. Upper body strength is something else entirely.)

But hey, it needs to be done. So. Luckily, the iPod has a great playlist of dance music, including, naturally, some disco (I’m not proud) and some vintage 90’s stuff (“Groove is in the Heart”, “Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)”. 

(Either you’re going ‘oh yeah’ or you have no idea what I’m talking about. Either way, feel free to enjoy the above links. Chair dancing!)

I’m at the stage of list-making for the trip. Lip balm. Camera battery recharger.

And thus conclude this post…except…da da DAH…

The correct answer is SIX. And that’s just on one side, in one corner, of the plot.

how many shown

No comments:

Post a Comment