Tuesday, August 3, 2010

“enter a post title”

I’ll give you a dollar if you suggest a better post title than I was able to come up with.

So I ran for the obligatory 30 minutes today. The whole time, I’m thinking, I ran HOW far on Sunday? Dear lord. Training for a half marathon is a whole different game from the 3.3-miles-at-a-pop-four-times-a-week gig that I did for oh, 20 years. Physically, mentally, emotionally. And it’s funny, because the training regimen I’m using doesn’t have me running all that often! Even on a heavy week, I might only run 20 miles…the same as I ever ran, but spread out differently.

Now I want to start training for the next one. Hm, there’s a 20K happening down in New Haven over Labor Day weekend…Except, I’m not sure what the point would be. Meaning, I want to have a specific time goal for my next half marathon. A random race only three weeks after my first would in some ways just be a waste of fifty bucks. Or at least that’s my thinking, this minute. It WOULD be cool to go running through New Haven, since I used to live and work there, and I probably have at least three people who might be willing to let me crash at their place…hmmmm….

In other news, we finally polished off the last of these tonight.

100_2168 

  100_2198

100_2197

I love having a grill.

 

100_2196

100_2195

mmmmm….cantaloupe….

100_2203

black raspberries and blackberries…

Yeah, not a lot of verbiage today.

1 comment: