Thursday, October 1, 2009

Some comments received on a recent post

Warning. This post contains dirty words. I mention this because I have some loved ones who would be offended by this. So if you are a clean-livin' person (you know who you are), stop now, and wait for the next post. Or, actually, there are two posts today, so let your eyes go a little out of focus and scroll down to the next post, which I did a couple of hours ago.



Still with me?

Here are a couple of emails I got in response to my story about the excavators removing that obnoxiously big rock.

Comment #1
This is exactly what I’m talking about.

Juxtaposition of contemporary equipment that has only existed for 100 years with natural materials that have rested inertly for 100,000,000 years minimum. Technology rules: With a simple swipe of the credit card, and a few minutes of fiddling with some levers, joysticks and buttons, you OWNED those rocks. You basically went over to those rocks and said, “Rocks, you are my BITCH.” Maybe one of the rocks said, “Are you talking to me?” And then you probably said, “BITCH, DON’T EVEN FUCKING TALK TO ME, I OWN YOU YOU FUCKING ROCK.” And then what probably happened is you went over there with a giant crane and MOVED the rock from one place to another, and the rock was probably all like, “WTF?” and you were probably all like, “That’s what I’m talking about, BITCH ROCK!” and the rock was probably all, “Damn.” and you and the crane were probably all like, “Uh huh.” So now, you’re going to have some rocks in your yard that will look all cool when you roll up on them, and then once in a while you will have friends and family over and they’ll be all like, “That’s a cool rock feature you guys have here, that’s nice, the whole natural fire pit thing,” and you’ll be all “yeah,” and the rocks will be all, “I’m going to break your drunk fucking ankle, bitch.” Sweet.

Comment #2
You don't own that rock. You know what you really own? The right to tell other people not to fuck with that rock. You own nothing more than the standing in court if necessary to tell other people not to mess with that rock. That's it. That rock has seen pea brains like you come and go. You are just the latest bitch that rock has stumbled upon.

1 comment: