Sunday, March 7, 2010

home again, home again, jiggety jig

tippypoint

In another “I love the internet” report, here’s proof from mapmyrun.com (the backup strategy for those of us who have not yet purchased our first Garmin) that the journey from home to the end of the island is 3.25 miles.

My trip home on Friday was uneventful, which is how I like my flights. What did I do yesterday? No idea. I believe I slept for eleven hours. I’m pretty sure I didn’t leave the house. Yeah, I vegged out. I’ve heard it said that you should never travel faster than a camel can walk – otherwise, your soul will have trouble catching up to you. There’s something to be said for that: I find that even easy, hassle-free travel is somewhat discombobulating to me.

But today is Sunday! And we all know what Sunday means: it’s the week’s long run! This past week, culminating in today, has been the first week that officially shows up on my half marathon training plan. Today’s run, done on the treadmill, was a lovely 5.5 miles. Mmmm, mmmm, good.

Tonight? The Oscars.

No comments:

Post a Comment