Monday, October 14, 2013

naughty maggie

Recent news: I completed my sixth half marathon – the ING Hartford – over the weekend. Kevin was out of town on bidness, so I was on my own.

IMG_3274

Typical pre-race madness. I was in with the 2:15 pace crowd, mostly because I was too lazy to fight my way back to my own people, but as it turns out, it was a gloriously crisp day. Cool temperatures + flat course = I was right to be with that crowd, because I finished just a bit after the 2:15 mark.

IMG_3275

That’s my second-best time ever, so yay, me!

Kevin came home later that night. Whew. I always do better when my boy is around. Yesterday was all about pancakes, and beginning to install book shelving. As for today:

DSC_0723 (2)

Perhaps this is the last of the brown-eyed Susans?

DSC_0726 (2)

And on the other end of the spectrum, a blasted-away Susan.

I spent a while trying to get enough decent shots of some sort of possibly-a-weed – I suspect in the mint family, but it has no particular minty odor. I’m not saying this is a good shot:

DSC_0740 (2)

...I just like the fact there’s a spider in it, whom I didn’t notice at the time.

The azalea buds (?) have these awesome, whimsical decorations:

DSC_0754 (2)

Probably the remnant of the stamen. Or something.

It is a gorgeous fall day. Alas, I’m trapped here this afternoon because the chimney sweep is due to arrive momentarily. I’d much rather be out in the woods, OR perhaps helping to earn my keep (via an as-yet-to-manifest job), or perhaps helping to contribute to global peace and environmental sanity.

Charlie has it worse: he’s at the vet all day, having his teef cleaned.

Maggie, on the other hand, is as happy as can be.

 DSC_0779 (2)

My departure with Charlie for the vet this morning was hasty - I forgot to put away some things. A freshly licked-out can of cat food, and Charlie’s broken food dish (half-filled from last night, but since then, scrupulously licked clean) greeted me upon my return. No wonder she’s licking her chops. Naughty Maggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment