Friday, September 13, 2013

wacking at nuts. no, really.

So you know my best friend Michele, right? I refer to her as “my wife”? She’s visiting for the week. More on that later.

Here’s what Michele was doing after dinner tonight:

IMG_2937

Going after shagbark hickory nuts with random tools.

IMG_2938

Positioning the victim...

IMG_2939

whack-whack-whack!

nuts

Pieces went flying; the cats kept watch in case it turned out to be tasty.

IMG_2941

She amassed quite a pile.

IMG_2942

Hm, Little hearts! All over our lawn! I’d say we picked a good place to land! No idea if they’re edible or, rather, how to get ‘em edible if they need help. I’ll bet Michele’s already figured all that out.

(So I did mention we bought a house down here and just moved into it, right? Yeah. It’s been busy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment