Friday, October 9, 2009

Ceilings primed

Steve and Mike primed the ceilings today, and primed the bathroom as well. Yay!

The Office. Speaking of which, we cracked up at "The Office" last night. I'm not ashamed to admit it, I like that show.

Moving right along. Bedroom.

Also, bedroom, looking back at the northwest corner. Isn't that corner window in the bathroom cool?

The colors will go up next week. The concept of orange, orange, and more orange has produced a deeply divided reaction in my circle of acquaintances. If you had told me twenty years ago that I'd be this into orange I would have thought you were crazy.

It occurred to me, no kidding, only TODAY, that we need a zoning permit for the deck. DUH. (Yes, I worked in a municipal planning department for 4.5 years, can you tell?) I filled out an application and we drove it over to the town offices this afternoon.

There's a decent chance that the zoning administrator will do a site visit next week, so Kevin marked out the boundaries of the deck with little stakes and string.

Kevin and I spent a fair amount of time today moving all the living room furniture out of the way in preparation for next week. This gave me an opportunity to vacuum in new places. Remember when the bird crashed through the window and landed clear on the other end of the house? I sucked up at least three heretofore undiscovered pieces of glass from that little adventure.

Blog fans, there will be a break from the normal news next week: we're headed to the beach. But check back in: I'll take pictures of dolphins, ibises, egrets, and herons for you. The last time we were there, we saw a bald eagle perched in a tree in the dunes. So don't go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment