Saturday, July 18, 2009

second floor framing begins

Yesterday, the guys started putting in the floor joists for the second floor. I'm learning all their nicknames for each other. Very cute.


The previous day, they'd tinkered with the first floor decking to prep where the trap door is going to be.

This is where the stairway goes up, so no joists here. There are four trees over here that need to come down - that may happen as early as Monday. Sadly, one of them is a yellow birch (my personal fave).



This corner might not be done yet - the stairwell is on this side, but I think this particular spot is where the (hooray!) walk-in closet is going to be. So it will need a floor, as your better sorts of closets do tend to have floors. In my experience, anyway.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I would walk on water just to relax at this amazing pad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While it may be true that in essence all things are the same...this pad kicks butt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This amazing pad gives me new hope for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With a sweet pad like this one, I might make peace with the pigs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just seeing this fantastic new addition confirms for me that I am THE ONE.

    ReplyDelete